Thursday, August 22, 2013

Recycle and Repurpose

After a beautiful wedding and a great surprise birthday party, there were quite a few floral arrangements left over and it was a shame to just throw them away.  The hostess of the party remarked if I could use them or take them home. Instead, I asked if it was permissable to recycle the flowers and make a senior living center in my neighborhood really happy. She replied "wonderful".
 
 
Did you know that the color "yellow" is an emotional color and helps people to remember and also put a big smile on their faces.
 
So without hesitation I immediately got to work and rearranged the arrangements for each patient to have near their beside. Immediately, as the caretaker opened the door she had a huge smile on her face and all of their patients.
 
 


 
 
I also dropped an arrangement to the front door step of another senior lady in the area and she was sooo stump and so surprised! She actually said are these for me and I said yes. She so sweetly replied, "What did I so to deserve these flowers?"
 
I just absolutely love doing my job and most of all spreading a smile!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment